The MUIT Incubation and Innovation Foundation (MIIF) organized this workshop to fulfill the requirement of the Startups, Incubatees, Students and Faculty members on knowing the finer details of opportunities for agricultural entrepreneurship and its allied sectors.
Therefore, the workshop was organized with the following objectives –
- To motivate students, incubatees and startups for establishing own agri-business firm.
- To creates awareness for employment opportunities, government support and policies for agricultural entrepreneurs in India.
- To provide a platform for discussing agricultural startup funding, industry trends and farming techniques.
Keywords of Discussion:
- The sources of Startup Funding in Agriculture
- Career Avenues
- Industry Trends
- Farming Techniques
- Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- Agricultural Business Model
- Hydroponics Market Scenario
Outcomes of the Workshop:
- Chidanand Patil discussed various agricultural business model developed in last few years in India. He discussed many government schemes for funding, training and technical support to budding agricultural startups in India. The business model of Coriander leaf and Goat Milk was explained by him to participants.
- Dhruv Gupta elucidated on the emerging field of Hydroponics in India. He explained the need, importance and scope of hydroponics in India. He was also suggested to incubatees, students to plan their startups in such a way so that they can explore new fields in agriculture industries in India.
The workshop was organized by Dr. Vijay Kumar, Convener and Host, Mr. Puneet Pandey, Manager MIIF and Mrs. Neha Srivastava, Incharge MIIF.